Friday, July 1, 2011

Ouch! Oh, and some more stuff too.....

I have slacked off the last couple of days....oops! Lot's goin on here to keep up with! First off Donnie had a "little" run in with the table saw. Apparently he skipped that day in shop class where they teach you how NOT to chop off your fingers. He ended up cutting off a pretty big part of the top of his middle finger and he basically turned his thumb and pointer finger into hamburger meat. Soooo yeah....we got that goin for us! ha ha ha!! He is doing better and recovering nicely. Although i have to be the one to change his dressing and I gotta tell ya....not so pleasant!

In other news, everything around the farm has really started to heat up...literally! We've been getting up to at least 110 everyday. It's funny to see how all the animals handle the heat. The goats spend most of their days sleeping in the shade. And the ducks just sit in their little pool all day. The chickens find shade where they can get it. I never like summer for the chickens because my egg production shoots WAY down AND they become very broody(they just want to sit on their eggs day and night even though they have no chicks in them.) My bees are loving our mesquite trees I'm getting ready to scrape some frames soon because we go through a lot of honey. On another note, my garden is exploding much to my surprise!! I just want to use it as a gauge to see what will do out here. After some soil test I amended my little test spot and I can't believe how goo everything is doing. Things never grew this fast in my old garden. I think it's because our nights actually get cool out here. I will post pics later of the garden sprouting. So I think it's safe to say we will all be happy when the summer heat fades off a little and we can enjoy a little bit cooler weather!! However that won't be for a long time still so until then....keep cool!!!

Lulu, the destroyer of pant legs!

And her partner in crime, Ladybug enialator.

My girls are just growin up so fast, tear tear....

the bees after a hot day tryin to keep the digs cool.

Lucy and Ethel, the dutches of the Davis farm. Without them I wouldn't have......ummmm....my breakfast?? Hmmmmm yeah that's about what they do! ha ha ha!

The new batch of chicks getting bigger

We are all ready for the 4th here!!

1 comment:

  1. Reactions:

    Oh no! That is no good about Donny's hand! Highly recommend this when the wound has closed. The ointment is fantastic but the capsules can be taken right away. http://www.herbsfirst.com/descriptionsformulas/completetissueboneformula.html

    Yay for animal pictures! Your goats are soooo cute! I think we need to come and visit!

    That's awesome news about your garden growing well!!

    ReplyDelete